Monday, August 10, 2009

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins


*This book is a sequel to last year's The Hunger Games. If you have not read the Hunger Games, please stop reading this review and head to your local library or bookstore and get a copy. It will be the most satisfactory decision you make all week.*

I've read thousands of books in my lifetime. Literally, thousands. In most of those books, there is some element of predictability; the "coming of age" story, the "stop the world from ending" story, the "boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back" story. As unique as each individual book may be, they all fit within a larger framework.

All but Catching Fire. I can honestly say that I was unable to predict a single thing that happened in this book. I all but inhaled the story in a desperate attempt to figure out what was about to happen, and every time I thought I might have it figured out, Ms. Collins threw me another curveball.

Catching Fire is an exciting, edge-of-your-seat, get-angry-if-you-must-do-anything-else-before-you-finish type story. It's the best thing I've read this year. Catching Fire will be released on September 1, and I hope you'll get your hands on a copy. It's well worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment